Can I change the number shown when I call?
In the Sonetel iPhone and Android app settings you can select if you want to show your Sonetel phone number or your mobile number to the person you are calling. The default is that your mobile number is shown.
If you have multiple Sonetel phone numbers, and want to select which to show when calling, then you need to do the following:
- Sign in at sonetel.com
- Click on your name in the left menu
- Click on the section My preferences to expand it (see below)
In this section you can see your current setting for what phone number (CLI) to show to the person you are calling.
The default setting is “Automatic” which means that the system shows a phone number that is most suitable for the destination you are calling. If you have a US phone number connected to you, this will be shown when calling to the US etc. You can change this by clicking on “Change” which provides you with these options.
The person you call will not see any phone number.
The system will automatically use the best number available in the following order:
- Any local phone number assigned to you that matches the country you are calling to.
- Any other local phone number assigned to you
- Any local phone number owned by your company that matches the country you are calling to.
- Any local phone number owned by your company.
Select among all phone numbers owned by your company.