Free Business Messenger
Troubleshooting the Business Messenger
If you face issues while using our Business Messenger on your website, you can have a look at these common troubleshooting steps.
- I see strange characters in the Business Messenger
Solve this by ensuring that you have the following standard text in the beginning of your <head> code to make your page support special characters. This is added automatically in most HTML editors.
<meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/html; charset=UTF-8″>
- I can’t see the Business Messenger on my website even after adding the code
Make sure that ‘Show website chat’ is enabled in your customer service settings.
- The Business Messenger is only visible on some pages of my website
Please verify that you have added the widget code to all the pages where you want the Business Messenger to be displayed and not just the home page.
- The Business Messenger doesn’t work when navigating between different pages on my website
If you use a 3rd party library which dynamically updates the <body> tag of the web page the visitor is on, then the Business Messenger will not work.
- The Business Messenger does not work on my WordPress website
Please check if you use any plugins to minify the code on your website. Certain plugins such as WP Rocket are known to cause issues. Please exclude SonetelWidget.min.js from minification by following these instructions.
- I cannot get a free phone number as the Business Messenger is not verified on my website.
Our service uses the following IP addresses to verify the Business Messenger. Please make sure you whitelist them:
If the above steps do not help, please contact us.